Work Group on Postsecondary Credit for Military Courses and Occupations
The next meeting of the work group is scheduled for August 12, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. Please register at . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Once available, meeting materials will be posted at http://www.kill-hup.com/policy/articulation/ps-credit-military.stml.
The mission of the Office of Articulation is to facilitate the effective and efficient progression and transfer of students through Florida’s K-20 education system. Through the work of the Articulation Coordinating Committee体育投注网站 (ACC), a K-20 advisory body appointed by the Commissioner of Education, our office coordinates ways to help students move easily from institution to institution and from one level of education to the next.
Articulation from K12 to Colleges
体育投注网站It is possible for students to earn college credits before high school graduation. Here are some of the acceleration programs available to secondary students in Florida:
Students who earn required scores on nationally and internationally recognized assessments may receive college credit for their demonstrated mastery in these college-level subject areas. Students may transfer up to 45 credit hours based on their credit-by-examination scores.
体育投注网站Dual enrollment is an acceleration program that allows Florida's secondary students, including home education students and students with disabilities, to take postsecondary classes to earn credit toward a high school diploma, and a career certificate, an industry certification, or an associate or baccalaureate degree at a Florida public or eligible private institution.
- Additional Guidance on Common Placement Tests for Dual Enrollment Eligibility (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Dual Enrollment (PDF)
College Classes for High School Credit:
Additional Dual Enrollment Resources:
- Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement Online Submission Site
- Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreements
- Career Dual Enrollment with District Career and Technical Centers:
Articulation from Colleges to Universities
Students in Florida have transfer rights associated with postsecondary work at public colleges and universities. Here are some of the resources available to inform students about their rights and responsibilities:
Additional Postsecondary Resources:
- Articulation Agreements with Private Colleges and Universities
- Florida College System Home Page
- Florida’s Commission for Independent Education
- Florida College System Institution to Career Center Crosswalk (PDF)
Articulation Reports, Resources and Publications
- Fair Consumer Practices for Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida
- Florida Course Code Directory (PreK-12 Course Numbers)
- Florida Statewide Course Numbering System (Postsecondary Course Numbers)
- High School Feedback Report
- Performance on Common Placement Tests
- Tuition Waiver for Classroom Teachers (Rule 6A-14.0542, F.A.C.) (PDF)
325 West Gaines Street, Room 1401
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400